Presenting a selection of Landon’s previous works, both written and visual, along with a comprehensive timeline of his poker industry career.
Please note: this is by no means an exhaustive list and will be updated from time to time, unless content was lost due to not being archived by current or previous media outlets.
- 2021 Royal High Roller Series – Royal Poker Club (Adelaide, AUS)
- APT Brisbane Season 4 – Eatons Hill Hotel (Brisbane, AUS)
- Southern Poker Tour “Tanunda Thunder” – Lambert Estate Wines (Agnaston, AUS)
- APL Poker Tour Queensland – Southport Sharks (Gold Coast, AUS)
- WPT League QPC – Gold Coast Turf Club (AUS)
- APL Poker Tour Victoria – Club Italia, St Albans (AUS)
- Establishing competency in data entry and tracking through Poker GFX during Royal High Roller Series and APT Brisbane Season 4 broadcasts.
- Providing feature table commentary during Royal High Roller Series, APT Brisbane Season 4 and WPT League QPC broadcasts.
- Hosting the third Auslan Poker Open at APT Brisbane Season 4.
- Providing media coverage for the inaugural Southern Poker Tour “Tanunda Thunder” series.
- Providing media coverage for the all-new APL Poker Tour series.
- 2020 Aussie Millions Poker Championship – Deaf Poker Australia/Poker Buzz (Melbourne, AUS)
- WPT League Quarterly Poker Championship (Tweed Heads, AUS)
- 2020 MCC High Roller & Main Event – The Poker Palace (Sydney, AUS)
- Establishing a new freelance poker media and consultancy business on January 30.
- Establishing a regular video news bulletin, “Cards Speak” (available to view on Facebook).
- Blogging the first WPT League QPC series in Tweed Heads and providing video content and commentary for the Main Event final table (available to view on Facebook).
- Co-creating and hosting the PMA Podcast (available to view on YouTube).
- Consulting and co-creating content as part of the marketing and promotional campaign for Match Poker Online.
Poker Buzz: 2020 Aussie Millions Poker Championship coverage (Facebook)
Deaf Poker Australia: Special News Bulletin (Facebook)
Poker Media Australia: ‘Players a’plenty as Rauran Toye wins Gold Coast’s WPT League QPC’
Poker Media Australia: ‘Fit for a king: a new beginning for Sydney’s Poker Palace’
Poker Media Australia: ‘Australian poker: post-COVID snapshot’
Poker Media Australia: ‘APT announces first event post-COVID, says tables to be 8-handed’
Poker Media Australia: ‘APT pulls pin on Gold Coast as rivals launch COVID comebacks’
Poker Media Australia: ‘Game is set for Match Poker with new app in development’
Poker Media Australia: ‘Ante up, mask up: WPT League introduces mandatory face mask policy at NSW venues’
Poker Media Australia: ‘Cards (up) in the air as NSW authorities ban all live poker games’
Poker Media Australia: ‘Queensland: beautiful one day, poker the next’
Poker Media Australia: ‘Triumphant return for the APT in Brisbane’
Poker Media Australia: ‘South Australia leading the way for Oz poker comeback’
Poker Media Australia: ‘OZ POKER REPORT: Demand surges nationwide post-COVID’
Poker Media Australia: ‘COMMUNITY CARDS: Victorian poker finds a new home in Geelong’
Poker Media Australia: ‘Sydney’s Poker Palace ramps up the Christmas cheer’
- Adjudicated and broadcasted every Deaf Poker Australia (DPA) state championship tournament in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.
- Planning and management of the 2019 DPA Championship at Crown Perth, which was the most successful standalone series to date, generating over AUD $30,000 in total prize money.
2018 Aussie Millions Poker Championship (Melbourne, AUS): Deaf Poker Australia (Facebook)
- Managing a team of Deaf/HOH volunteers from Deaf Poker Australia, providing exclusive Auslan coverage for the 2018 Aussie Millions Main Event.
- Planning, management and execution of the DPA X series at Crown Melbourne, celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the DPA Championship, which included ‘Final Four’ live streaming and audio commentary.
- Joined Party Party Casino as a croupier, travelling throughout greater metropolitan Melbourne to deal private and corporate fun casino events.
- Working with the WPT League in Tweed Heads to co-host the 2017 Deaf Poker Australia (DPA) Championship, which allowed for live streaming for the very first time in the organisation’s history.
- Working with Adelaide Casino again in hosting the Deaf Poker Australia Championship, this time as a standalone series.
- Winning the DPA Open Pairs Event with 2010 Australian Deaf Poker Champion, Daniel Bachi.
- Planning, execution and management of two Deaf Poker Australia major events at Crown Melbourne – the 2015 Victorian and DPA Championship.
- Assisted in the management and execution of the 2014 New Zealand Deaf Poker Championship at SKYCITY Auckland, the first Deaf/HOH tournament ever hosted in a casino on the other side of the Tasman.
- Commissioned a new multi-person team poker format for Deaf Poker Australia – the DPA State of Origin – which debuted at the 2014 DPA Championship at Crown Perth.
Poker Asia Pacific: ‘John Girvan wins 2014 New Zealand Deaf Poker Championship’
- Adjudicated the 2013 New Zealand Deaf Poker Championship at the Auckland Deaf Society and then presented with a special one-of-a-kind pounamu (greenstone) necklace in recognition of services to the Deaf community.
- Planning and executing the 2013 DPA Championship at The Star Sydney, setting the all-time record for the number of entries (118) for an exclusive Deaf tournament in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Planning, executing and reporting the at 2012 Deaf Poker Australia Championship at the Treasury Brisbane, implementing the event as a standalone series for the very first time and attracting Deaf players from New Zealand.
- 2011 Aussie Millions Poker Championship (Melbourne, AUS) – PokerNews
- 42nd Annual World Series of Poker (Las Vegas, USA) – PokerNews
- APPT Queenstown Snowfest (NZL) – PokerStars Blog
- APPT Melbourne (AUS) – PokerStars Blog
- 2011 DPA Championship (Adelaide, AUS) – Poker Media Australia
- Planning, executing and reporting the 2011 DPA Championship at the Adelaide Casino – the first tournament of its kind ever held in a casino in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Attended the 2011 Poker Tournament Director’s Association (TDA) Summit in Las Vegas, initiating a rule change regarding accommodating players with special needs.
- Commissioned a Live Reporting Manual and conducted a workshop with staff at the Australian Poker League (APL) in Sydney.
PokerNews – 2011 Aussie Millions: ‘2011 Aussie Millions Event #5 Day 1: Daniel Ospina Mixing Things Up; Blanner Takes Gold in Event #4’
PokerStars Blog – APPT Queenstown: ‘Matau’s Beating Heart’
PokerStars Blog – APPT Melbourne: ‘Australia’s Shameful Slowroll’
- 2010 Aussie Millions Poker Championship (Melbourne, AUS) – PokerNetwork
- APPT Sydney Grand Final (AUS) – PokerStars Blog
- Consulting with Queen’s Slipper Playing Cards in developing a range of plastic poker decks, as well as presenting a series of ‘How-to-Play’ videos of popular card games.
- Appointed Editorial Co-ordinator for Shuffle Magazine, the official print publication of the Australian Poker League.
- Joining Deaf Poker Australia as Tournament Director (later renamed as Director of Poker Operations) and adjudicating the 2010 DPA Championship at The Local Port Melbourne.
PokerStars Blog – APPT Sydney Grand Final: ‘This premiership’s no cakewalk’
Shuffle Magazine (APL): Issue #14, Spring 2010
- 2009 Aussie Millions Poker Championship (Melbourne, AUS) – Bluff Australasia
- ANZPT Adelaide (AUS) – PokerStars Blog
- ANZPT Sydney (AUS) – PokerStars Blog
- ANZPT Queensland (Brisbane & Gold Coast, AUS) – PokerStars Blog
- APPT Macau (CHN) – PokerStars Blog
- APPT Auckland (NZL) – PokerStars Blog
- APPT Cebu (PHP) – PokerStars Blog
- APPT Sydney Grand Final (AUS) – PokerStars Blog
PokerStars Blog – APPT Cebu: ‘A slam dunk for Filipino sports fans’
PokerStars Blog – APPT Sydney: ‘If the shoe fits, use it’
PokerStars Blog – APPT Sydney: ‘A poker star in her own right’
Bluff Australasia – 2009 Aussie Millions Main Event: ‘Two men, two lives; one game, one goal’
- Enlisted as a contributor to Bluff Australasia Magazine, writing a regular column educating readers in dealing techniques and poker tournament rules.
- Commenced working for Pub Poker, dealing and managing tournaments throughout metropolitan Melbourne.
Shuffle Magazine (APL): ‘Pitch-er Perfect – dealing like the experts’ – (originally published in Bluff Australasia Magazine, 2008)
- Employed as a dealer and Tournament Director for Pokerama, organising and managing private poker events in Melbourne and Sydney.
- Employed as a Tournament Director for the National Poker League (NPL), travelling extensively across suburban Melbourne and regional Victoria (Sale) during their foundation period.
- Commenced dealing with Blackjack Nights, learning to deal Roulette, Two-Up and Poker, as well as working at numerous private and corporate functions across Victoria.
- Involved in early trials of pub poker events with TABCorp throughout Melbourne’s south-eastern suburbs.
- Employed at Crown Melbourne as a croupier, coded in dealing Blackjack, Pontoon, Sic Bo and Big Wheel.
Get to Know ‘Lando’
Click on the buttons below to find out more about Landon.